January 14, 2015
7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Virginia Tech employees are encouraged to start the new year by learning how to weave wellness into all parts of life. All employees will receive two hours of leave to be used to attend and participate in the fun and engaging activities scheduled. Activities include exercise classes, health, wellness, and benefits exhibits, educational sessions, wellness screenings, and more. Employees should bring comfortable clothes and a swimsuit so they can participate in a variety of recreational activities. For more information, contact Hokie Wellness at 540-231-1228.
Activities are subject to change.
- Diabetes prevention and management
- Nutrition for optimal performance
- Fitness technology
- Infant conscious/unconscious choking training
- Hands-only CPR/AED training (presented two times throughout day)
- What are your numbers
- The how of happiness
- ChiRunning® and ChiWalking® Overview
- Sleep and relaxation techniques
- Chair massages
- Dermascan skin checks
- Body Mass Index (BMI), blood pressure, blood sugar checks & educational consulting with numbers
- Vision and hearing screening
- BODPOD fitness assessment testing
- Tai Chi
- American Red Cross Mobile Blood Drive
- Express cycle
- Swim lessons - parent/child; toddler; and adult (30-minutes each class)
- Water fitness class
Event Day Information for Exhibitors